Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Surprising the un-surprisable. hmph.

Today is BF's b-day. BF is one of those low-key kinda guys, one of those like laid back "hey whatever man" kinda dudes that is pretty much cool with whatever, whenever, however and with whoever.

And that works out for us, cuz I'm more of the um...EXACT OPPOSITE.

PRINCESS NEEDS HER SHIT THE WAY SHE WANTS IT. HOW HARD IS IT DAMNIT!?!

I mean. hey dude, happy birfday! for really!

He's also the type of dude that never really wants a big to-do over him, or like occasions that involve all eyes on him. Birthdays being one of those occasions. So I try to squeeze in surprises where I can. Dinner at home, and like playing halo. It doesn't leave much for a girl to work with.

I asked him like a week ago what kinda cake he wanted. Did he want want one from the grocery store, or did he want me to make one?

Without hesitation, he said "Yeah! Harris Teeter cake!"

and while that sort of initially stung because, WTF he doesnt want ME to make him a cake? He wants a store-bought-stranger-made-cake? *blink* WTF! (Look at that. I made HIS birthday cake about me! I RULE at this!)

However, I will concede that the cake we bought for his Mom while his family was here (her bday is new years eve), was INCREDIBLE. so ok. fine. harris teeter it is.

he thought for a minute and said "or ooooooooo! a ice cream cake!"

cuz he's 5 apparently.

I didn't really react towards either suggestion (on the outside) cuz I was thinking this would be my chance to slide a bit of a surprise in there somehow.

Ice cream cake! When he's expecting Harris Teeter cake!

THE CREATIVITY BOGGLES THE MIND DOESNT IT!?!

Anyway, so I decide to go with a Coldstone Creamery cake, and while im choosing his cake online (what? go to the store? please people.) I found a specialty cake that used his favorite flavor but was combined with red velvet cake. And I didnt know whether he liked that type of cake, so I had to ask him if he likes red velvet cake.

Which. ha. I know. REALLY GONNA BLOW THE GUY OVER WITH YOUR DAMN CAKE NOW ARENTCHA!

Me: Do you like red velvet cake?
Him: Yes.

and that was it! So I thought... OK cool. He's gonna play nice and not question.

He gets home from work later and I swear the first thing out of his mouth was:

"So red velvet birthday cake eh?"

"shhh. you'll find out later"

so a day passes or so. He comes into the office where Im working and spies a flyer for cakes, coincidentally, on my desk.

He says "Baby Kakes?!"

I look in the direction he is looking "Oh. yeah. was in the mailbox." I pick it up and hand it to him.

"Do they by chance have...red velvet cake??? OH LOOK THEY DO"

I smile because "HA HA I WIN I WIN"

So today rolls around. and the poop decides to work from home.

I offer to pick up lunch since I have to go get his cake. and I apparently offered it up a little too fast because once I said it, he was all suspicious face, "you offered that up awfully fast"

oh shit. "oh. what do you mean! its your birthday! god! what do you mean!"

and ok. a litttle too much. but whatever. MUST. SURPRISE. HIM.

he says "ok well if you are gonna pick up the cake, ill call in the order for lunch after you leave"

damnit.

"just order it now dude."

cuz coldstone is right next to where i was picking up lunch.

Im growing tired of this story...

Anyway point is. he guessed it. before I could surprise him. shithead.

not that im the brilliant genius when it comes to hiding things either. but DAMNIT!

MUST YOU! RARRR!

and lets not even discuss his present which is currently on his way here. BECAUSE HE GUESSED THAT TOO.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i wanted to surprise him with something. It's just not possible with suspicious face though *sigh*

did you get that? *I* wanted to surprise him.

again. about me.

ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL GET YOU MISTER. ONE OF THESE DAYS *shakes fist*

oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BF! HOPE YOU LIKED YOUR CAKE! LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I could share a few things that would surprise him and he would be pretty excited about, huh, yea, you want me to share!! Okay tonight when I call you, tell him he will have birfday part II this evening, after American Idol and after you get off the phone with me, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

    You are a trip my second lil princess, I sware my daughter, just might be your child. Who knew the name could have so much impact on ones attitude.

    Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete