Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ding! fries are done!

So on my way to Virginia this past trip last week, I made some critical errors not 2 miles from my house. 1. I took the back way that BF insists is better than the way I go, so I figured why not give it a try 2. I went the wrong damn way on 485. Allow me to extrapolate:

I will begin with 2 because I didnt realize the error of #1 until I had performed and fixed #2. So I get towards the exits for the highway and I'm like "shit! is it east or west! west or east! oh no! oh no!" So I immediately text BF, who of course, was unreachable cuz I also tried calling him once he didnt answer my msg in 5 seconds. So I cue up the ol' Navigation system and it tells me to go west. OK! West it is.

I know exactly why I get confused with the east and the west and I would like to blame it on BF. Seriously, he does this every time. He gives me directions and I'm repeating em back in my head "ok west west west west weeeeeeest wicked witch of the west" and then he goes "errr, wait EAST I MEANT EAST" and so I try to erase that memory, which never works. So each time I am like "oh fuck, east or west" my mind says "WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST HA HA AM BRILLIANT! I REMEMBERED!"

So I am driving along and I notice the exit for BFs work--which ha, SO not the right way. So I get off the highway and getting ready to turn around and decide I need verification. So I call my Dad--who btw, I gained my geographically challenged gift from, but hey whatever.

"Dad, I'm an idiot and forgot which way I go on 485. Is it East or West? Do you remember?"

"Wait, what did you say?"

"EAST OR WEST ON 485" (Hi. I have the patience of a goldfish)

"Oh! Uhhh.... east or west...hmmm.... Well east right? cuz you're coming up here right" (he's a brilliant genius too it seems)

"OK, I'm turning around."

"Oh, well where are you?"

"..." seethe. "Im near brad's work, and the Navigation is trying to get me to take 77 which means I gotta take 81 to 66 and I dont wanna do that" (I learned later that, hello stupid, you can catch 85 off of 77)

"oh, yeah you are going the wrong way"

"..." no! ya dont say!-- and I'm not even PMS'ing. Imagine the possibilities.

So anyway, I turn around and I finally get a call from BF

"hey, whats up? Where ya at?"

"Oh, well I got confused about east vs. west so I went west and then passed by your work and figured that was the wrong way." [Passes exit I got on the first time]

"oh. yeah. thats the wrong way"

"yeah [then passes exit I normally get on]. oh shit. ha. and I just realized that the way I took to get on 485 was an exit BEFORE the one I normally get on. I tried your way for the hell of it"

"Uh... why would you do that?"

"Don't think I cant smack you through this phone bub."

"hehe"

"k well, im just now leaving then I guess and just wasted a half hour driving up and down 485."

"ya know ya coulda just taken 77 to 85"

"[lightbulb] oh umm. yeah. I know *cough*"

"uh huh"

No comments:

Post a Comment