Saturday, December 29, 2007

and...I'm spent.

So, hi!

Can I just tell you how much this past month has been crazy? My schedule alone has been busy and lacked the time to just sit around and stare at the wall with my mouth hanging open for hours.

I do love to stare at the walls with my mouth hanging open. The drool is a bit of a problem, but hey. There's always a con.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had guests in our house for 10 days. Yeah... 10.

T-E-N.

I musta been on crack when I agreed to that man. Cuz holyyyyyyy crap. I'm one tired little lady now. Since my brother left this morning we have not moved from the couch. We ate leftovers (I know! Me! Leftovers! This is how much I didnt want to move.) I have yet to do the dishes today. We have watched a lot of TV and there has been a lot of staring at the wall.

I am loving every second.

My brother and sister-in-law showed up thursday the 20th, late afternoon--a day late, but hey whatever. They hung out til Saturday morning. Saturday evening, BF's family shows up and did not leave til the 28th. That's like. A LOT. more days than I would recommend. My brother and sister-in-law came back the evening of the 28th and left around one today.

whew. hang on. I need a minute.

Sunday before Xmas his family and I went shopping. yes. shopping! in the mall! Even though I made every goddamn effort to be completely done before they showed up so I wouldnt have to go. Only to be foiled by goddamn obligation. *shakes fist*

I so hate the mall dude.

Then then! THEN! The cooking commenced. Two full days of cooking. Of washing dishes. of running the dishwasher. of wiping down counters. of putting away dishes. of reading recipes. OF GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE YET FUCKING AGAIN.

Actually, we only went three times. What the hell am I whining about.

*grumble*

Dinner was consumed in like 5 seconds flat. so rewarding, isnt it?

I did actually enjoy the time spent with family, no matter how awful I make it sound. I'm leaving out the constant laughter and the late nights playing games, etc. His family really does know how to make a holiday special--and I mean that with absolutely no sarcasm.

Having said that, I sure am glad it's just me and BF again. Hosting people in your house is exhausting.

For new year's we usually rent a cabin and spend the new year with our friends drinking, eating, drinking, playing games, the traditional new years eve midnight mini bonfire with s'mores and champagne.

We arent doing that this year for a couple of reasons: 1. we didnt plan it, 2. we're tired of traveling 3. we're tired of traveling. Hanging in the house for a few days enjoying the silence sounds perfect to me.

AND! I don't have to go back to work til next Thursday. It's bliss. BLISS I TELLS YA.

Merry Belated Christmas/Holiday and Happy New Year Ya'll!

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment