Things that do not work:
- "It's just not a good time right now" - Newsflash sparky: The perfect time does not exist. At least my definition anyway: a time in which there is not a single stressor, no mess ups and no ... well anything. Because, apparently I used ANYTHING as an excuse. Just got laid off? Let's smoke. Trying to get a job? Keep smoking. Got a job but am stressed about keeping it cuz its a contract to hire job and OMFG WHAT IF I DONT GET HIRED AYEEEE! Smoke. Project Over. Whew! Lets smoke! Hired as full-time employee! Where's mah lighter! Concert next week! Will wanna smoke then! Lets smoke until next week! Woops! Cigarettets still in pack! Smoke 'em if you got 'em! I... well you get the idea.
- "I am going to cut down first, THEN I'll quit!" - Who are you kidding dude, you make up for it when you're by yourself. Chimney! I R IT!
- "I wanna quit, but I dont wanna quit." - Gee, I cant imagine why THAT shit doesnt work.
- "I'll quit because I know everyone around me hates it." - Yeah, see above genius.
- "Happy New Year! IMA QUIT!" - Rigggghhhhtt after this cigarette... no wait this one...okokok After this pack! Shit Wait! This pack! Uh huh...
Things that do work:
- Im quitting because I want to. Even though this is probably the worst time ever to quit. Like ever, I am going to do it. Because I want to.
There's no second bullet here because as far as I can tell, this is the only thing that works. Life lesson number 230420492028092: Learned.
* I dont wanna officially say it yet til I hit 3 digits, because, given my track record. I uh.. tend to fail.